Renew my subscription
Give a gift
Pay my bill
Change my address
Cats and kittens need a lot of rest. Test your knowledge on cat sleep with our quiz.
1) Cats spend how much time sleeping a day:
A. 8-10 hours
B. B. 11-13 hours
C. 14-16 hours
2) Cats only sleep this much in a home setting. In lab settings they sleep far less.
3) By nature, cats are:
B. Crepuscular (active at dawn and dusk)
C. Both – Innately crepuscular but nocturnal when their prey is
D. Neither A nor B
4) Two common physical sleep disorders in cats are:
A. Sleepwalking and night terrors
B. Restless leg syndrome and gas
C. Insomnia and cramping
D. Sleep apnea and snoring
5) The following can cause sleep disorders in cats:
6) Sleep disorders can occur in some cats with the following conditions except:
A. Upper respiratory tumors
C. Nasal passage polyps
7) Behavioral conditions can cause sleep disorders resulting from:
B. Feline Cognitive Disorder
8) Lethargy in cats:
A. Is a condition natural to some cats, and nothing to worry about.
B. Is considered an illness in itself.
C. Means you are boring your pet.
D. Is symptomatic of underlying illness and should be evaluated by
9) Instead of sleeping for hours at a time, felines take “catnaps” over 24-hour periods.
10)The cause of irregular sleep patterns:
A. Can be behavioral
B. Can be environmental
C. Can be physical
D. All of the above. Start with a vet visit and work your way from
Sue 3 Oaks, MI
8/30/2013 8:54:43 AM
A couple answers surprised me
Galadriel Lothlorien, ME
4/23/2013 11:36:20 PM
K Cheektowaga, NY
4/5/2013 12:52:28 PM
Penney Belleville, IL
3/28/2013 7:32:03 PM
Good teaching tool good information
ADS BY GOOGLE
Hi, my name is
Angel R.I.P 12-03-11 vote cotd 12/03/12.
Visit the photo gallery to cast your vote »
Get quick tips for happy cats, food recall info, news alerts and best behavior advice.
Get tips, stories and news alerts about all-things pets and animals straight to your inbox.
Ultimate Animal Lovers
We hate spam as much as you do. We promise not to sell or share your email address.