Before you introduce your kitten to litterbox training, review this list of do's and don'ts.
Posted: Mon Feb 17 00:00:00 PST 2003
The average kitten begins litterbox training between 4 and 6 weeks of age. Here are some tips to keep in mind as you begin the process.
1. Do keep your kitten's litterbox clean.
2. Do have more than one litterbox in your home.
3. Do pay attention to your kitten's litter preferences.
4. Do consider sandlike litters.
5. Do keep your kitten's litterbox in a secluded area.
6. Don't use perfumed litters.
7. Don't use clumping litter with kittens younger than 4 months old.
8. Don't keep the litterbox near food or water bowls.
9. Don't use ammonia-based cleaners on the litterbox.
10. Don't allow dogs, children or other cats to deny your kitten access to its litterbox.
Give us your opinion on