Cat's USA Photo Contest
Enter the best shot of your cat for the chance to be featured in the next Cats USA.
Categories for the 2011 Cats USA Photo Contes are "Three's Company" and "Playcation." Capture your the personality of your cat, or cats, in a photograph and send it to us.
Not only could your cat be featured in the 2011 Cats USA, but you could win some great prizes.
See winners from last year's contest >>
Categories for the 2011 Cats USA Photo Contest are:
- Three's Company: Do you have multiple cats? Snap a picture of at least three of them playing, snoozing or just hanging out together.
- Playcation: This category is a take on the recession-inspired "staycation." Snap a photo of your cat interacting in a playful way with you, his toys or another pet as he takes a break from his routine.
To be eligible, photographs must be taken by amateur photographers. If you’re submitting a digital image, make sure it is large enough to be considered. See size guidelines below.
- Pick a category. Choose from “Three's Company” or “Playcation.” Judges reserve the right to re-categorize entries.
- Send digital entries to: email@example.com. Type “Cats USA Photo Contest” in the subject line. Send photos as an attachment in TIFF, JPEG or EPS format. Images must be at least 4 by 5 inches at 300 dpi.
- Send color prints of cats and kittens. Prints should be unmounted and unframed, and a maximum size of 8 by 10 inches. Prints must be from a photo developer; we cannot use computer-printed photos. Polaroids and color photocopies will be disqualified.
- Each entry must have a completed entry form taped to the back of the photo; if submitted via e-mail, be sure to include all requested information, including the cat’s name, age and breed; the photographer’s name; and the owner’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Send only previously unpublished photos. You may submit one entry per category, but we will award only one prize per person.
- Any amateur photographer may enter except employees of BowTie Inc. or Petmate and their families.
- All entries become the property of BowTie Magazines, a division of BowTie Inc., which reserves the right, without further consideration, to use all photos and text in any publication, media and related promotions. The company cannot confirm receipt or return entries. By submitting your photograph, you agree that if you win the contest, your contact information will be given to any contest sponsor, which may use the information for marketing purposes. * Entrants certify that they own the animals photographed or have the owner’s permission to enter the photograph. * The prize will be awarded to the photographer if different from the person submitting the photo.
- Winners will be chosen by judges selected by Cats USA. All decisions are final.
- All entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2010. Send entries to Cats USA 2010 Photo Contest, P.O. Box 6050, Mission Viejo, CA 92690-6050.
We will award first-, second- and third-place prizes for each category. Winners will receive a selection of books about cats from BowTie Press.
The judges also may choose to honor entries with honorable mention status (no prizes awarded).
Winning photos will appear in the 2012 edition of Cats USA. All entries must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2011.
We can’t wait to see your fabulous photos of your feline companions. Good luck!
CATSUSA 2011 PHOTO CONTEST
Category: ___Three's Company ___Playcation
|Name(s) of cat(s)
|Age(s) of cat(s)
Please attach this form or a copy of this form to the back of each entry.
Give us your opinion on
Cat's USA Photo Contest