Cats USA 2012 Photo Contest
Enter the best shot of your cat for a chance to be featured in the next Cats USA magazine.
Categories for the 2012 Cats USA Photo Contest are “Angel Eyes” and “Bad Hair Day.”
• Angel Eyes: Cats’ eyes are among their most attractive and distinctive features. Does your cat have unusually beautiful eyes? Catch them at their most mysterious and alluring, and snap a photo.
• Bad Hair Day: Most cats are well-groomed, but sometimes play or napping can tousle their fur into a comic mess. Take a photo of your cat looking as if he could use a good brushing.
To be eligible, photographs must be taken by amateur photographers. If you’re submitting a digital image, make sure it is large enough to be considered. See size guidelines to the right.
• Pick a category. Choose from “Angel Eyes” or “Bad Hair Day.” Judges reserve the right to re-categorize entries.
• Send digital entries to: email@example.com. Type “Cats USA Photo Contest” in the subject line. Send photos as an attachment in TIFF, JPEG or EPS format. Images must be at least 4 by 5 inches at 300 dpi.
•Send color prints of cats and kittens. Prints should be unmounted and unframed, and a maximum size of 8 by 10 inches. Prints must be from a photo developer; we cannot use computer-printed photos. Polaroids and color photocopies will be disqualified.
• Each entry must have a completed entry form taped to the back of the photo; if submitted via email, be sure to include all requested information, including the cat’s name, age and breed; the photographer’s name; and the owner’s name, address, daytime telephone number and email address.
• Send only previously unpublished photos. You may submit one entry per category, but we will award only one prize per person.
•Any amateur photographer may enter except employees of BowTie Inc. or their families.
• All entries become the property of BowTie Magazines, a division of BowTie Inc., which reserves the right, without further consideration, to use all photos and text in any publication, media and related promotions. The company cannot confirm receipt or return entries. By submitting your photograph, you agree that if you win the contest, your contact information will be given to any contest sponsor, which may use the information for marketing purposes.
•Entrants certify that they own the cats photographed or have the owner’s permission to enter the photograph.
• The prize will be awarded to the photographer if different from the person submitting the photo.
• Winners will be chosen by judges selected by Cats USA. All decisions are final.
• All entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2012. Send entries to Cats USA 2012 Photo Contest, P.O. Box 6050, Mission Viejo, CA 92690-6050.
We will award first-, second- and third-place prizes for each category. Our winners will receive a selection of books about cats from BowTie Press. The judges also may choose to honor entries with honorable mention status (no prizes awarded).
Winning photos will appear in the 2013 edition of Cats USA. All entries must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2012.
We can’t wait to see your fabulous photos of your feline companions. Good luck!
Give us your opinion on
Cats USA 2012 Photo Contest