Categories for the 2013 Cats USA Photo Contest are “Pretty Kitty” and “Silly Cat.”
• Pretty Kitty: Cats love to be admired and often pose just right so that humans can enjoy their beauty. Snap a photo of your cat when she's looking gorgeous and send it in.
• Silly Cat: Cats can be so goofy sometimes. Whether your cat is attacking the toilet paper roll or just lounging on her back with all four paws in the air, capture her silliest moments.
To be eligible, photographs must be taken by amateur photographers. If you're submitting a digital image, make sure it is large enough to be considered. See size guidelines to the right.
• Pick a category. Choose from “Pretty Kitty” or “Silly Cat.” Judges reserve the right to re-categorize entries.
• Send digital entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “Cats USA Photo Contest” in the subject line. Send photos as an attachment in TIFF, JPEG or EPS format. Images must be at least 4 by 5 inches at 300 dpi.
•Send color prints of cats and kittens. Prints should be unmounted and unframed, and a maximum size of 8 by 10 inches. Prints must be from a photo developer; we cannot use computer-printed photos. Polaroids and color photocopies will be disqualified.
• Each entry must have a completed entry form taped to the back of the photo; if submitted via email, be sure to include all requested information, including the cat's name, age and breed; the photographer's name; and the owner's name, address, daytime telephone number and email address.
• Send only previously unpublished photos. You may submit one entry per category, but we will award only one prize per person.
•Any amateur photographer may enter except employees of I-5 Publishing or their families.
• All entries become the property of I-5 Publishing, which reserves the right, without further consideration, to use all photos and text in any publication, media and related promotions. The company cannot confirm receipt or return entries. By submitting your photograph, you agree that if you win the contest, your contact information will be given to any contest sponsor, which may use the information for marketing purposes.
•Entrants certify that they own the cats photographed or have the owner's permission to enter the photograph.
• The prize will be awarded to the photographer if different from the person submitting the photo.
• Winners will be chosen by judges selected by Cats USA. All decisions are final.
• All entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2013. Send entries to Cats USA 2013 Photo Contest, P.O. Box 6050, Mission Viejo, CA 92690-6050.
We will award first-, second- and third-place prizes for each category. Each winner will receive a Thundershirt for cats, courtesy of our sponsor and a selection of books about cats from I-5 Publishing. The judges also may choose to honor entries with honorable mention status (no prizes awarded).
Winning photos will appear in the 2014 edition of Cats USA. All entries must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2013.
We can't wait to see your fabulous photos of your feline companions. Good luck!