|Dish up some cereal-mix "cat chow" for your Halloween party guests.|
|What you need
• 2 cups chocolate puff cereal
• 2 cups peanut butter puff cereal
• 4 cups rice or corn square cereal
• ¾ cup brown sugar
• 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
• 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips or
• ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
|Mix cereals in a large bowl. Set aside. Line a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup over a medium heat. When smooth stir in the baking soda until mixed in.
Pour over the cereal mixture and stir until it is evenly coated.
Stir in chocolate chips and stir until mixed in. Note: the chocolate will start to melt.
Spread on a cookie sheet and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes. Break up into bite-sized chunks.